Thursday, March 17, 2011

Green Room Awards 2010

Not long now until the 2010 Green Room Awards will be announced (March 21 at the Spiegeltent). If I were on the dance panel, here's what I'd vote for:

Music Composition & Performance - David Page - Of Earth and Sky (Bangarra Dance Theatre). That final scene with the ghostly voice sent shivers up my spine.

Design - Jacob Nash (Set) - Artefact (Bangarra Dance Theatre). What looked like a giant piece of bark made a wonderful backdrop and prop.

Male Dancer - Waangenga Blanco - Artefact and Riley (Bangarra Dance Theatre). Admittedly, I didn't see Daniel Gaudiello in Coppelia or Tony Yap in Rasa Sayang, but Blanco was particularly good.

Female Dancer - tied between Emily Amisano - We Unfold (Sydney Dance Company) and
Carlee Mellow - Expectation .

Ensemble - Another tie, Sydney Dance Company - We Unfold and The Australian Ballet - Molto Vivace

Concept & Realisation - I *shamefacedly* concede that I saw neither Private Dances or The Oak's Bride
(I was out of town). So, I won't vote on this one.

Betty Pounder Award for Choreography - as much as I enjoyed We Unfold and Mix Tape, I think I would give this one to Frances Rings - Artefact (Bangarra Dance Theatre). I particularly loved the Weaving section. I didn’t want it to end!




No comments:

Post a Comment