Tuesday, January 1, 2008

What is this?

Hello!

Welcome to dance out there, a blog dedicated to news and reviews of dance in Melbourne, Australia.
Want to get straight into reading? Click here to read my latest post, or go to reviews of ballet or contemporary dance.

If you like what you see and want to stay up to date with new posts, why not subscribe via email or in a reader? You can also follow me on twitter, or if you're really keen, become a fan of my work on facebook!

So, who am I?

My name is Chloe Smethurst. I'm a trained dancer, but I also work as a writer and teacher of dance.


I started this blog in 2008 for several reasons.
After reading other Australian performing arts blogs (theatre notes, the morning after) I was inspired to start my own, focusing specifically on dance. I hope that it may be of some use to the smaller groups and individual artists whose work may get some publicity here, but I will also focus on the larger companies and issues for the industry.

I hope that you'll find something of interest here....

Chloe Smethurst
dance out there

No comments:

Post a Comment